Thursday 19 January 2012

Creme de La Mer Samples

I recently signed up to receive the Creme de la Mer newsletter.  The other day I was invited to complete a survey and on completion I got a thank-you email inviting me to go to my nearest counter and get a free sample! 


After a brief consultation I got 3ml samples of The Moisturising Lotion (which retails at £150 for 50ml!) and The Eye Concentrate (which retails at £125 for 15ml).  I've only been using them three days and I am in love with the moisturising lotion, it has a lovely light texture, soft scent and it melts into the skin (I won't be buying this anytime soon unless I win the lottery!).  The eye concentrate is good too but I'm not loving it quite as much.

I once bought The Lip Balm which was the most luxurious (and expensive) lip balm I have ever owned - it was gorgeous!

Have you used Creme de la Mer before?

18 comments:

  1. Three days and loving already? So it's true - Creme de la Mer is the best. I'm so jealous. I'd love to get my hands on a sample too.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Girlie Blogger, it is just fabulous! I've looked on ebay but its just so expensive! I'd recommend it though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's true or not but apparently CdlM and Nivea Creme (blue tub) basically have the same ingredients! I would love to try it out though to see what it's like for myself. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! really! I'd recommend it even though is out of my price range ;) x

      Delete
  4. If I could afford it I would buy the moisturising lotion :P Maybe one day when I am a rich old lady... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried one of the sample sizes of Cdlm before, and it was soo good but so tiny, if i was rich then i would definatly buy another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, I'd love to buy but its so way out of my price range unfortunately x

      Delete
  6. how lucky i love creme de la mer wish it wasnt so bloody expensive though
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so gorgeous! I may save up (though I have lots to use up first) x

      Delete
  7. Nope, never tried because of the price... It's on my wishlist tho... For when I win the lottery. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, you'd prob be able to pick up a sample in Frasers in Glasgow - their beauty hall is amazing - one of my most favourite places to visit x

      Delete
  8. I would be scared to pick up the samples in case I loved the product itself. I have lusted over trying it for a while but maybe I should wait a little longer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, you probably would! You should see if you can pick up a sample at the counter, on the cdlm website it lists which department stores there counters are at x

      Delete
  9. Oh wow - would loove to try their stuff!! Cooome on lottery! he he
    frecklie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgia, :) I've decided I'm going to use up all the face creams I've got (this will probably take at least a year!) and then purchase this moisturiser x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to try CDLM, not sure my bank balance will ever allow it though! ;D And Emma is right, the super cheap original Nivea Creme is well known for being extremely similar xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's such a shame I can't stand the smell of Nivea Creme ;) x

      Delete