Friday 28 September 2012

September Books

Again this month I've not managed my four book target...


As soon as I started reading this book I couldn't put it down! Jane Logan moves to Berlin to be with her partner, she's six month's pregnant and only know Petra - who is out at work all day so she spends a lot of hours alone.  Jane starts to hear shouting and noises in the apartment and see shadows on the stairs.  She tries to be-friend her neighbour's daughter who she believes is being abused but her involvement isolates her.  There is a lot of tension and darkness and you are kept guessing until the end.


I think Nameless is my favourite Jessie Keane book.  The book starts in 1941 when mixed race Ruby is born. She's got two brothers who head straight into a life of gangland crime while Ruby manages the family shop.  As she hits her teens she meets an aristocrat. She finds herself pregnant and then has twins and her brother forces her to give them up.  She turns the family store into a retail empire and is very successful.  But she can never forget her children.  

What books have you been reading this month?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of the first one - might be going on my list to read! Love that you're adding book reviews to your blog, I'm such a book worm so it's great to discover new books. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) since January I've done a book review - New Year's resolution (missed one month!)I too love discovering new reads :) x

      Delete