Tuesday 29 January 2013

Spending Ban - Update 2

I am actually finding the spending ban not too bad although in week 2 I found  I was tempted by things..  Grace's Blog Sale caught my eye and I especially wanted the Aromatherapy Associates Rose Exfoliating Cleanser and the Nourish Toner grrr...

Here is how my week has been...mid-week is definitely snacking day!


I am really making lots of use of my beautiful paperblanks* journal.  So handy for jotting down my spending/wants.

Here are my wants for week 2 -


Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint minis - I read about these on The Sunday Girl blog and they sound amazing!


Jimmy Choo Flash EDP - absolutely hate the name but know I will love this scent because I adore tuberose & gardenia notes.


Nourish Radiance Body Treats Set - I've not tried any nourish products yet but this body set appeals - shower gel, flannel, hand lotion and body butter.



Melvita Rose Nectar Milky Cleansing Oil - just read about this recently and so want to try!  Generally love Melvita products (and rose scents).




The Alpha-H set from WIMH was an absolute killer - so wanted to buy it - but restrained! It is now sold out!

Not beauty but a book I really want to read by Maggie O'Farrell is out in February (fingers crossed for amazon vouchers at my birthday!). I've read her other books and they are all amazing!


Are you on the spending ban? How are you doing?  What things are you "wanting" this week?


*complimentary sample

22 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this spending ban thing...I feel like I'm always on it because I have no money!

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know everyone seems to be doing it! I'm hoping it makes me think twice about things I don't need in the future ;) x

      Delete
  2. Your doing really well, I've not broken mine but I was really tempted by the UD Wizard of Oz sets. Ther Melvita cleansing oil looks tempting too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! I'm hoping it helps me not buy for the sake of it in the future ;) x

      Delete
  3. You're doing so well! I've had a couple of slip ups with mine, but am still down on what my normal spending would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure it was something you needed! x

      Delete
  4. I'm not *technically* on it but I am just really cutting down my spending. So far since the 1st January I have spent £2 on a necklace from Primark, £3 on a Essie polish from The Original Factory Store (they do great discount/discontinued Essie) and £1.50 on a candle. I love the idea of the wants list 'cos at the end of the ban you will be able to look back and think (to some of the things hopefully!) Wow did I REALLY want that? and hopefully save yourself some extra pennies along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really good, you've hardly spent anything! I know I wonder if I'll still "want" anything from my list badly enough! x

      Delete
  5. i am not on a spending ban because I have no self control, but I'm loving your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the new Jimmy Choo perfume but haven't tried it yet. I wasn't impressed with the first one. Glad to see your hanging in there with the spending ban.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the first one - onto my third bottle now. Thanks I think I'll notice a difference when I actually have some money left at the end of the month! x

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of writing down everything you spend but I haven't gotten around to actually doing it yet - I think I'm too afraid of seeing just how much I spend on taxis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes you think twice about spending! I've been taking my lunch to work most days - its amazing how much you can spend on a sandwich, juice and crisps or fruit! x

      Delete
  8. Your doing so well! I love the idea of writing everything down I think it's often easy to spend money on things we don't need. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely doing me some good as I always normally buy things I don't need and I'm avoiding going near the shops at lunchtime too x

      Delete
  9. I need a spending ban! I like the idea of writing down your wants! I need to try that!

    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join us! I'm wondering what I'll still want at the end of the 100 days! x

      Delete
  10. Well done with week 2! I'm finding writing down wishlists of things I want is much better than just adding them to basket and clicking pay - helps me to reevaluate whether i really, really do want something instead! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely! Such a good feeling. I'm pretty sure I'll pick up a few things after 24 April but I hope like you I'll decide whether I really "need" x

      Delete
  11. Alpha h is hard to pass! But I passed on it bc they had a special this weekend on qvc. It was hard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so sad :( I'll definitely try it after my spending ban x

      Delete