Wednesday 26 March 2014

Spending Ban - Update 2

I first embarked on another spending ban on 23 February and you can see my Update 1 here.

I did cave last week and bought a couple of things:


This is an essential! My current favourite deodorant.


I was keen to pick up Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation but I wasn't exactly sure of my shade so I used Content's excellent Sample Service only to find that the shade I wouldn't probably have picked is way too dark for me!  The other samples (4 for £3 including P&P) I chose were rms beauty 'un' cover up in shades 22 and 33 (shade 22 is perfect for me), rms living luminizer and De Mamiel Restorative Cleansing Balm (which is gorgeous!)


I was in need of a new powder and after hearing rave reviews of rms beauty 'un' powder I decided it needed to be mine! I picked it up with 10% off and free P&P at Naturisimo.  I can honestly say so far so good.  It minimises shine in the T-zone and leaves my skin looking matte for longer.  So a good buy.

Here are my wants for update 2 -



I'm generally finding the spending ban okay. I've now given up all my beauty boxes and am beginning to make a dent in my stash.  Are you on a ban or about to start one?

14 comments:

  1. Great post! would def give a go to Dr Organic Deo. Just bought a Juice beauty powder as well and very happy about it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've loved everything I've tried from Dr Organic. x

      Delete
  2. Great post and interesting to hear your good thoughts about the Dr Organic deodorant. I was looking at one or two of them recently with a view to buying so nice to have such positive feedback. Well done on your spending ban too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd like the Dr Organic deodorant. I've only tried the pomegranate scent and it's great. Thanks need to do better! x

      Delete
  3. I don't put myself on a ban because I find that I want everything so much more and then I buy loaaads...sort of like a diet! haha so I've recently just been thinking to myself 'do you actually need this? will you use it?' and saying 'don't buy it, you already have three cleansers!' haha you've done really well so far! I have the un-cover up in 11 and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know what you mean! I'm trying to be good x

      Delete
  4. i've been doing a ban and have been pretty successful, i only got a new foundation and eye cream as i was out of both. hopefully i won't need to buy anything else soon! xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well done! Sounds like you are doing well on your ban x

      Delete
  5. Ooh I need to give this deodorant a try I have the salt of the earth one but I'm not sure how I feel about it, this one sounds good though :) I guess I miss having some sort of smell. I'm doing great with my spending ban haven't bought anything throughout the month of March I've been very restrained x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a good one. I like one with a bit of a scent I must admit. Well done! That's fab x

      Delete
  6. Lovely buys and samples :) The powder sounds great, very tempted now as I do need a new one x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I managed all of Feb without buying a single product! Made up for it since though :)

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete