Saturday 22 November 2014

The Perfume Society: The Holiday Collection Discovery Box

The Perfume Society is a website which shares "everything you ever wanted to know about fragrances".  As well as learning about perfumes you can be one of the first to see the latest launches, get invitations to events, read a super informative e-magazine magazine called The Scented Letter (this is free to VIP Subscribers). Join as a VIP Subscriber for a year for £25. You get the magazine (8 issues a year), invitations to events, a Perfume Discovery Fragrance Edition, special content on the website which is only for subscribers and subsequent Discovery boxes for £10 with free P&P.

As I'm not a subscriber (yet) my The Holiday Collection Discovery Box cost £15 with free P&P.  It is absolutely jam packed with perfume samples and a couple of extra treats.



Inside there are in-depth information cards about each product and a book of blotters - use these before trying the perfume on your skin as the heart and base notes of a perfume are the ones you live with once the top notes subside.


I'll start with a perfume I already love. L'Artisan Mure et Musc EDT 1.5ml - I've been lucky enough to own a bottle of this beautiful scent.  It has top notes of lemon, orange, basil, mint and red berries. A heart of blackberry and jasmine and base notes of patchouli, musks, oak and moss.  I love the fresh blackberry floral notes.  Think a bottle of this is going on the wishlist as I'd forgotten how lovely it is!

Another perfume I adore is Shay & Blue's Atropa Belladonna 2ml - it is an intoxicating scent and I reviewed it here. I'm currently on my second bottle.

The second last scent in the box that I've tried previously is Liz Earle's Botanical Essence No 15 EDP 2ml - a "fresh oriental" with top notes of pink pepper, bergamot and cinnamon leaves, a heart of rose absolute Damascena, cypriol and cedarwood with a base of vanilla bourbon, amberiff, sandalwood and tonka bean. Spicy and warm with floral and earthy notes.

The final perfume I've tried before is Plum by Mary Greenwell EDP 2ml - I didn't love this the first time I tried it but I'll try it again.  It has top notes of peach, bergamot, lemon, plum and blackcurrant with heart notes of gardenia, tuberose, orange blossom, rose and jasmine (I love these notes!) with a base of sandalwood, oak moss, patchouli, amber and white musk.  I'll let you know my thoughts once I've given it another go.

All the rest of the perfumes I haven't tried before. I'll give you an update later as to my thoughts on them when I try them.

Agent Provocateur Fatale EDP 2ml - this has top notes of pink pepper, mango and blackcurrant with a heart of velvet gardenia, orris absolute and patchouli with a base of vanilla, skin musk, chocolate gourmand addiction and labdanum.

Judith Williams I love Milano, Principessa EDP 10ml - this smells beautiful and is a great size!  With top notes of mandarin, green leaf accord and passionfruit, heart notes of jasmine, tuberose and gardenia and base notes of amber, musk, vanilla and solar accord.

L'Occitane Collection de Grasse The Vert & Bigarade EDT 7.5ml - I adore Magnolia & Mure from this range.  This one has top notes of orange and bitter orange, heart notes of green tea and yerba mate with base notes of cedar, thyme and musk.

Versace Crystal Collection - Yellow Diamond, Bright Crystal and Crystal Noir EDT 1ml - two in the trio are florals and one is oriental. They were created to "celebrate the rich and infinite variety of personalities that embody the Versace women".

The extra treats are:

A full size (8ml) nails inc Gel Effect Polish in St James and a 5ml trial size of Sarah Chapman's Skinesis Overnight Facial.

A great box I think. What are your thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. These sound amazing! For me, I love sweet perfumes with notes of richer, velvety scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with the contents. Oooh what's your favourite scents?

      Delete
  2. This sounds brilliant I have to say. I am a huge perfume sample fan and love trying them out at home x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks fab! At least you get to wear the scents to test them out before buying, looks like you got loads!

    Em

    Em's Mixed Bag.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really great Em! Very pleased with the contents x

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous box! Great contents!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete