Saturday 14 March 2015

The Perfume Society: Rock the Ages Edinburgh at Jo Malone

Last night with my friend Julie I attended a fantastic The Perfume Society Event at Jo Malone London at their Edinburgh store (£25 redeemable). I got to meet the fabulous Jo Fairley, Global Fragrance Ambassador Chris Wyatt, whose talk about the Rock the Ages collection was very interesting and Lorna McKay from The Perfume Society. It really was a fab night.

We enjoyed champagne, canapes and a hand & arm massage (I chose Tudor Rose & Amber (from Rock the Ages collection) and Lime Basil & Mandarin combo which was divine!

The scents in the Rock the Ages collection are - Tudor Rose & Amber (my fav & inspired by Tudor times), Lily of the Valley & Ivy (the Georgian era) Pomegranate Noir (already a favourite captures Victorian Britain), Geranium & Verbena (Edwardian times) and Birch & Black Pepper. (Britain today). Go in store and smell them if you haven't already.

If you bought anything from the Rock the Ages collection the box was embossed with an initialed wax seal which I think was a nice touch.  Thanks also to Lucy & Hannah for our hand and arm massages!








I decided to buy Tudor Rose & Amber Cologne (30ml) from the Rock the Ages collection (It'll layer perfectly with Red Roses and Grapefruit). With notes of rose absolute, clove, ginger and amber - it's really lovely and I'm looking forward to wearing it.




We also receive a goody bag containing a 30ml bottle of Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne which I thought was a very, very generous gift.


Thanks to Jo Malone London & The Perfume Society for hosting such an amazing event!

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous sounding event, I hope there will be one close to me as I would definitely attend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant thoroughly enjoyed it x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great event and even better that the cost is redeemable. I hope they do an event like this near Bristol.

    Ami xxx
    ami-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this packaging looks so lovely! I'd want my perfume to be carefully packed with a seal like that:))! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com
    Green Beauty Bloggers Community

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful isn't it! Was a fab night x

      Delete
  4. Lucky you Sandra. What a generous gift. Looks like you had a fantastic time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was brilliant! I know very generous and lovely x

      Delete
  5. Interesting post! Love your style of writing and your pictures!
    Wish you good luck with your blog! And will be happy to see you in my!

    Best wishes,
    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete