Thursday 3 December 2015

Cahoots Portobello: Lucky Cloud Botanical Skincare & The Marshmallow Lady

I've been searching for a instore stockist of Lucky Cloud Botanical Skincare since discovering this Edinburgh based brand via Twitter in September. 

Imagine my delight when I spotted them in a wee shop local to me! Cahoots sell a lovely range of crafty stuff, children's clothes, pictures, skincare, jewellery etc with more to come!


Lucy began experimenting with making her own lip balms before going on to create more complex formulations. She did a course in natural skincare in July 2013. The range fully complies with European Cosmetic Regulations and is tested for safety and stability by industry assessors at Oxford Biosciences.

Made in small batches the range is 100% vegan, with ethically sourced ingredients and products don't contain any parabens, formaldehydes, SLS, mineral oil or animal ingredients. Packaging is recyclable too.

I did fancy one of the smaller size body balm and butter but the store only had a small stock...next time! The coconut lip butter was on the wishlist already though.


I picked up Hydrating Body Milk in Sweet Orange & Vanilla (100ml - £10) which immediately melts onto the skin leaving it nourished and lightly scented.  A blend of Calendula Oil which helps damaged and irritated skin, Apricot Kernel Oil which softens and Thistle Oil which is stuffed full of Omegas 3 & 6 along with Vitamin E.  Orange and Benzoin Essential Oils give it a fresh, fruity and warming scent.

Coconut Lip Butter (£4) comes in a cute little pocket sized tin. The butters soften, heal and protect the lips and contain Coconut Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Thistle Oil, Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter and Soy Wax. It has a nice coconut-tropical taste or choose Vanilla for a creamy milkshake flavour or Cocoa (made with black cocoa butter) for a chocolate taste.


My other purchase was the very lovely The Marshmallow Lady Rose & Prosecco Marshmallows - I buy them whenever I see them (now at a lot more Edinburgh stockists) as this is the flavour I love! (mentioned here and here)

See more details about Cahoots HERE - I love supporting local brands and businesses.

2 comments: