Monday 11 January 2016

4160Tuesdays: Advent Calendar Thoughts

As you'll know I had the very special 4160Tuesdays Advent Calendar last year. I've now had the chance to try the perfumes out properly and I have found two that I really love, one I didn't like and the rest I'm going to enjoy using (and perhaps find another favourite or 3).


You can see what I thought days 1-6 HERE, 7-15 HERE and 16-24 HERE. I liked that I also got a perfume for Christmas Day!


The only one I didn't like is The Lion Cupboard - I found it a bit too musty and old fashioned but there is a really nice story behind it which you can read on the website.



The two which I really, really loved were London 1969 (I've been carrying this about in my make up bag constantly). 

"A true unisex citrus, with a fresh outdoors feel and a dark secret. Hyde Park in the summer, the groovy King's Road, leading to late nights in grubby Soho backstreets".

It has top notes of lemongrass, Grapefruit, mandarin and cedrat with heart notes of Moroccan cedarwood, sandalwood, incense, lavender and violet with base notes of Indian patchouli, labdanum and musk. I just recently bought a Handbag Atomiser of this one.

My other favourite is Raw Silk & Red Roses which is a beautiful rosey scent. 

"A pure full-bodied red velvety rose. The rose we've been searching for, with notes of geranium, musk and hints of fruit".

It has notes of rose, geranium, musk and fruits. 


What's your favourite 4160Tuesdays scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment