Monday 1 February 2016

The Joy Book Club

Julie at The Joy Book Club got in touch to see if I'd like to review her first subscription box* which was funded via IndieGoGo Crowdfunding. As an avid book lover I jumped at the chance. 

Julie's a lifelong book lover and studied creative writing and drama at University before going on to Ad School and various jobs including copywriting and media for a luxury furniture company. It was while here she attended an Instagram for Business event and became more acquainted with subscription boxes.



My box arrived on Friday and is cutely wrapped in brown paper with string. All packaging is recyclable or reusable and a £1 from every box sold goes to a book related charity, chosen to tie in with that months book - which I think is a nice touch.



Inside you will find a welcome letter from "Miss Joy Books" which introduces you to the box.



The book of the month is The Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Armin which Julie spotted in her local Waterstones while browsing for book choices. I think it looks like an interesting book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Book picks will be great reads which have slipped under the radar and gone unnoticed by most people. There will also be a range of genres so you might get something you wouldn't chose normally. #ReadDifferently #ShareTheBookJoy

Also included is some treats which are themed around that month's book, a playlist of music suited to the book etc.

In the January box:

Playlist, The Joy Book Club's Guide to Italian, a poster of San Salvatore, a few Italian Macaroons to eat during Chapter 13 and two tealight candles "for those who appreciate wisteria and candlelight".

I think it's a wonderful box and would make a fantastic monthly treat - especially as you don't know which book you'll be getting each month! 


*complimentary

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea and I love that it includes more than a book, so thoughtful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's great isn't it. The book looks fab too and not one I'd necessarily have picked up which I guess is the beauty of the club x

      Delete