Monday 26 December 2011

Advent Calendar - My Buy Again Products

Here are the products from the Advent Calendar that I loved the most.  These are the ones I'd definitely repurchase.


From day 1, Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur.  I really like this product.  It smells fresh and is light on the skin.  Only negative - its not great at removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner.  I tended to use it on a light make up days.

Day 2 - Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream.  My winter dry skin just loved this cream.  I'm definitely going to be purchasing some more - I've nearly finished my 7ml sample.  I loved the fact that it wasn't scented, was quite light and just sunk into the skin.  

From Days 4 and 5 - YSL Rouge Pur Couture & Lancome Hypnose Mascara.  The lipstick was absolutely gorgeous, lovely wearable colour and really moisturising on the lips (as well as cute container).  I will definitely be checking out some more shades.  This mascara is my favourite and a great size for popping in my handbag.

Day 6 was a lovely re-introduction to Lancome Juicy Tubes in shade Lychee, a light pink shade, I used to wear this shade all the time.  I had forgotten how much I used to love these.

On Day 10 I found the most amazing eye cream Lancome Genifique Yeux which I absolutely adore.  It's got a gel like texture and sinks into the skin around the eye area - it's too early to say if it's doing anything for my fine lines but I'm loving using it.

On Day 11 I got Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDP.  Another perfume I've used before.  Have really enjoyed using it again.  

Day 12 was the day I got Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.  This is an absolute gem of a product.  Makes skin look more radiant by morning.  Loving this.

On Day 14 I got Kiehl's Creme de Corps.  I love this body lotion.  It does take a bit of effort to get it out the bottle but it melts into dry skin areas.  Love that its got a neutral scent.

Day 15 saw me get YSL Waterproof Eye Pencil.  Love this product, staying power is amazing.  Going to check out the other shades.

On Day 16 I got Lancome Bi-Facil an eye make up remover.  This is great for removing waterproof mascara (and the eyeliner above).

Day 17 I got Armani Code EDP.  Love the orange blossom, vanilla, honey and jasmine notes.  Really wearable scent.

On Day 19, I got Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve.  A great product.  A cream but feels a bit like a salve when you rub it into your hands. It's definitely helped my dry hands these last few days.

On Day 20, I got Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara.  I love Lancome mascaras so love this one.

On Day 23, I got shu uemura cleansing oil.  Love this, nice to try again.

All in all, I loved the calendar.  I have found 15 products I love.  The others I enjoyed using but wouldn't re-purchase (although there are a couple I've not tried fully yet) and even though I knew what products the calendar held I was still excited finding out what was behind each little door each day.  I'm going to start saving for next year! x

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if there is something amazing like this in Canada?! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all the products you got in the calendar! I'm going to try and get hold of one next year! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jayne, it was a fab calendar. I got it online from Selfridges in London so they may ship to Canada x

    @Claire Louise, you should! I'm going to start saving next month ;) x

    ReplyDelete