Friday 20 April 2012

Body Brushing

I picked up this Elemental Herbology Exfoliating Mitt from Feel Unique when they had a 10% off day recently.


I bought it in preparation for my 10 day detox which I am planning on starting round about the 11th/12th May (once the diary dates for lunches, dinners and drinks are out the way!)  I was inspired by Gail who is detoxing at the moment and you can read her blog here.

The mitt is made from 100% sisal fibres.

Dry body brushing helps stimulate your circulation to help eliminate toxins and it also helps to reduce cellulite. It also sheds dead skin cells and helps to improve the texture of the skin leaving it soft, smooth and radiant.

Use before going in the shower - brush in vigorous upward strokes starting from the soles of your feet and working towards the heart.  Concentrate on problem areas such as thighs, hips and tummy.

I used this yesterday morning for the first time - its quite a strange sensation brushing your body - but I'm going to keep at it and I'll update my thoughts on it - it only takes a few minutes and every little helps! x

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how this turns out!

    Xo Jay

    That‘s so Fletch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting!

    www.lifeslittlestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm not hoping for miracles ;) but will keep you posted x

      Delete
  3. I should really make more effort to body brush. It is always just a rush in and out of the shower these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be easy to incorporate into the morning rush! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog, would love to see a review from you on the Leonor Grely pre shampoo oil

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      I've done two reviews on Leonor Greyl x
      http://bbalm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/leonor-greyl-masque-fleurs-de-jasmin.html
      http://bbalm.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/leonor-greyl-huile-de-palme.html

      Delete