Monday 23 April 2012

Persephone Books

I received my Persephone Biannually for Spring/Summer the other day.  Persephone Books are reprints of neglected books - both fiction and non-fiction.  Titles include novels, short stories, diaries and cookery books.  They have a dove grey jacket and include a bookmark.


You can buy online or order by phone or post.  (the Biannually comes with a free bookmark).

I've only bought two of these books so far - 

No.6 - The Victorian Chaise-longue by Marghanita Laski - "Melly lies on a chaise-longe in the 1950s and wakes up as Milly eighty years before".  A interesting and a bit of a scary read!

No. 57 - Dimanche & Other Stories by Irène Némirovsky - short stories by the author of Suite Francais which were written between 1934 and 1942.

There are many more titles I want to read though.  Have you bought any of these books?  If so, which do your recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a massive bibliophile and haven't heard of this before. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Happy St. George's Day

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I am sure you will find loads of books you want to read!

      You too :)

      x

      Delete