Friday 23 November 2012

Friday's Makes, Bakes & Learns #7

Our dog Bess loves Power Flower Treats but at £3.99 a packet they are expensive.  My mum came across this recipe for dog biscuits in an old cookbook.  Super cheap to make (though the liver is gross and stinks!)  You can add grated carrot/sunflower seeds/cooked rice etc to the mix.

1/2lb liver
1lb wholemeal flour
1lb plain flour
1 egg


Bring a pan of water to the boil and remove it from the heat.  Put the liver in and let it stand for 15 minutes.  Whizz it in the food processor and mix with the remaining ingredients (I added some of the liver water to bind the mix together).






Cook in a slow oven (round about 130 degrees for fan oven) for about an hour and a half until hard.


Break up into smaller pieces (if you have a small dog) and store in a tin.  Super cost effective (I've got four packs of biscuit dough in the freezer).

8 comments:

  1. this is very interesting. I love also cooking and baking... and learn new things... have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll give these a go for my dogs! Thanks for sharing :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this looks great!! might try it one day for my 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I may have to try these out at some point. Have found your blog through the I love my post hop and am now following!
    Dani xx
    My Make-up & Beauty Obsession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just going to check out your blog x

      Delete