Tuesday 3 November 2015

Spending Ban: Update #7: It's Over!

I lasted for 71 days on my spending ban - pretty good going for me! I knew I'd end up getting the a beautiful world A/W '15 Sampler - see my initial thoughts here.

Since then I've gone downhill...I stocked up on my favourite Weleda Arnica Muscle Soak (twice!), signed up again to You Beauty Discovery (picking the Mitchell & Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil 10ml and Dr Organic Royal Jelly Eye Serum 15ml.

And...while browsing Naturisimo's Xmas gifts spotted this little number...Estelle & Thild Mini Body Butters Set 4 x 50ml (which I got using a 15% off code).


I am however not going to start buying everything I want again as I've been enjoying using what I've got, watching my stash reduce and saving money. I'm hoping to be able to make considered purchases and try to not buy anything I don't really need!

20 comments:

  1. Good luck on your resolutions....:-)!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had a few splurges so hopefully I can get back on track! x

      Delete
  2. Well done for lasting so long! Sounds like you have some lovely treats on the way :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn! It was tough - I missed out on a few things like Cult Beauty GWP but I survived! x

      Delete
  3. 71 days is impressive! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over 71 days, thats impressive restraint. I went through stages of buying ridiculous amounts and had to curb due to limited budget. For me it is usually book related stuff and or clothes rather than makeup. Well done you!

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lainy! I'm bad with book buying too! Always treat myself to an Amazon £25 gift card on payday ;) x

      Delete
  5. Wow 71 days, congrats! I wish I could do the same... x Ania
    http://aniaaniapawlak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough but I'm glad I did it. Might do another ban next year x

      Delete
  6. Very impressed at your will power and lasting so long! I think I should make it my new years resolution to not buy more beauty products until I've used up A LOT from my stash. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Even doing it for a month is worthwhile. Really have loved seeing my stash reducing x

      Delete
  7. You did really well, I am still carrying on purely because I have run out of beauty space, will treat myself to one item I want for xmas Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased. Sounds like a good plan x

      Delete
  8. 71 days? WTG! I just had a big sort out of items I have and may be tempted to try this out too - have way too many things I haven't yet tried
    Sheila R @Cakereev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's definitely worth it! I just need to reign in the spending again! x

      Delete
  9. Well done, Sandra! I'm terrible at spending bans, although I am going to try my very best not to spend anything on myself during December. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the body butters - the sweet vanilla blossom scent sounds heavenly. xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk - natural beauty, affordable fashion, everyday life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are more like creams than butters and I think I slightly prefer the body oils in the range x

      Delete