Sunday 6 December 2015

Advent Calendars: The first 6 days

I showed you what I got in my Advent Calendars on 1st December - see HERE. I'm doing  round up of the first six days and my thoughts on the contents:

1st December

YOU Beauty:
NUXE Creme Fraiche de Beaute Mask (50ml FS) - fairly sure I've tried this mask before. It moisturises and soothes the skin and is suitable for all skin types. Still to try but looking forward to a pampering session.

M&S:
Philip Kingsley Geranium & Neroli Elastizicer (40ml trial size) - I absolutely adore the original version so I know I'm going to love this!

4160Tuesdays:
The Sexiest Scent on the Planet Ever (IMHO) (2.25ml) which has a heady bergamot top note, with a heart of woods and base notes of vanilla and ambergris. This one I've not really tried yet.

2 December

YOU Beauty:
Molton Brown Festive Frankincense & Allspice Hand Wash (100ml) this has a spicy scent which is a little bit masculine. Huge fan of MB hand washes so it will get used!

M&S:
Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (FS) I've used this before and loved it. Happy to see this included in the calendar.

4160Tuesdays:
Silk, Lace & Chocolate (2.25ml) which is a blend of cocoa absolute with a touch of strawberry and a hint of bergamot. I quite like this one although I find the strawberry note a touch artificial.

3 December

You Beauty:
Cowshed Cow Pat Handcream (50ml) with a extra for £5 off your next order voucher code. I've used the cowshed handcreams before and have enjoyed them.

M&S:
Had to laugh at two Cowshed products today! Inside is a 100ml bottle of Cowshed's Grumpy Cow Body Lotion which is my favourite scent from the brand. It has uplifting notes of red mandarin, grapefruit and petigrain.

4160Tuesdays:
Shazam! (2.25ml) which reminds me of Chai Latte Tea! With notes of amber, spices, orange, black pepper and incense.  I really like this one.

4 December

YOU Beauty:
Sally Hansen Complete Manicure (Blue Streak FS) I'm not a fan of polish so this one will be gifted on.

M&S:
Pur Volume Vixen Mascara (mini) always happy to try a mini mascara. Not heard of this brand before.

4160Tuesdays:
Doe in the Snow (2.25ml) this is one of my favourites a sweet scent which was inspired by fruity chypres of the 60s and 70s and has notes of citrus fruits, flowers and woods and is "stirred with an icicle". I'd buy this one.

5 December

YOU Beauty:
HD Brows Bronzer in Light/Medium I very happy with this as was needing to buy a new bronzer.

M&S:
Leighton Denny Renovate which comes with a nail buffer I've used this before and was impressed with how it left my nails feeling. My New Year resolution is to grow my nails and I'm sure this will certainly help.

4160Tuesdays:
London 1969 (2.25ml) this is my absolute favourite so far and I will be purchasing a bottle of this! It has top notes of orange, lemongrass, grapefruit, mandarin and cedrat with a heart of Moroccan cedarwood, sandalwood, incense, lavender and violet with base notes of Indian patchouli, labdanum and musk.

6 December

YOU Beauty:
ila Bath Salts for Cleansing (50g) this was one of the items I was most excited about in the calendar. Ila also offer £10 off any purchase online with a voucher code. These salts smell amazing - along with Himalayan Salt crystals there is wild-crafted Juniper Berry and Geranium. 

M&S:
Rosie for Autograph Nuit Parfum (15ml) with centifolia rose, jasmine and musk. Looking forward to trying this one.

4160Tuesdays:
Dirty Honey (2.25ml) with pure white mock orange blossom and honey notes. I like this one and I'll definitely consider picking it up.

What do you think of the selection for the first 6 days? If you got an advent calendar which one did you chose and what are your thoughts on the contents?

No comments:

Post a Comment