Monday 12 March 2018

Beauty Shortlist Awards 2018 - My Top Picks

I was totally honoured and chuffed to bits when Fi at The Beauty Shortlist asked me to be a judge for the 2018 Awards - you can see all the winners and finalists HERE.

These are my top picks from the products I was lucky enough to try (some of which are winners, finalists and Editor's Choice winners):

KINN Beauty: 

Best New Brand - UK
Best Body Lotion, Best Bath Oil, Editor's Choice - Body Oil


I totally loved everything about this brand (which had been on my radar a while). From the simple but stylish packaging, the exquisite comforting scent which makes me think "everything's going to be ok" (Ylang Ylang, Lavender & Tangerine) which uplifts, calms and soothes both the body and mind. 

The range is truly beautiful and I enjoyed trying it all (will all be purchases in future for sure!)

Check out KINN Beauty HERE.

Jo Browne Ireland:

Best Aromatherapy Products (Home-Bath-Beauty-Travel) - Natural Solid Perfume (floral), Best Cleansing Balm (f) - Natural Facial Cleansing Balm



Oh these products made my heart sing! That packaging! (eco-friendly bamboo) I just loved everything about this lovely range. The cleansing balm has the lightest texture and the most aromatic scent (Bergamot, Neroli, Palmarosa, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit and Rose) and makes short work of daily grime and make up. Skin is left feeling comfortable, clean and nourished. Love!  The Natural Solid Perfume (housed in a eco-friendly bamboo tube with outer bamboo cover) is a gentle floral and very pretty. 

Check out Jo Browne Ireland HERE.

Inner-Soul Organics:
Best Night Balm - Healing Night Balm, Editor's Choice - Roses & Lemons Tender Cleanse Balm and Supreme Comfort Day Cream


I'd previously tried the cleansing balm and day cream so it was nice to re-visit (I'd forgotten how good they are!). New to me winner is the Healing Night Balm which is a night time essential! It has a sleep inducing scent (Lavender & Patchouli) which cocoons and relaxes both the skin and mind. Wake up with soft, smooth and deeply nourished skin. Love!

Check out Inner-Soul Organics - HERE.

MV Organic Skincare:
Best Natural/Organic Skincare Brand - Australia
Best Face Mask (Natural) - Energising Mineral Mask, Editor's Choice - Rose Soothing Protective Moisturiser


I'd only tried MV Organic Skincare's Jojoba Oil so I enjoyed trying out two more products from the brand. Their Energising Mineral Mask is a mix of clays (mix with water or hydrosol to make a paste). It will energise and revitalise tired and stressed skins. Their Rose Soothing Protective Moisturiser has a glorious rose scent and a light texture which is easily absorbed. The skin is left feeling comfortable and nourished. Definitely want to try more from this brand!

Check out MV Organic Skincare - HERE.

Dafna's Personal Skincare:
Best Skincare Brand - International
Best Night Treatment - Nutrition, Best Serum - Anti-Ageing & Glow Serum, Editor's Choice - Moisture+, Moisture Plus+ Light, Recovery Cleanser


I'm a huge fan of Dafna's Personal Skincare already - see my reviews - Moisture Plus+ LightRecovery CleanserNutrition & Eye Care. New tries to me were Moisture+ and Anti-Ageing & Glow Serum (both of which I loved). The serum is stuffed full of skin loving actives which soften, nourish, tighten and firm the skin. Moisture+ is a rich cream which is formulated with 19 carefully selected actives.  Just love this brand.

Check out Dafna's Personal Skincare - HERE.

Marina Miracle:
Editor's Choice - Amaranth Night Serum


This new to me brand from Norway is gorgeous! I truly loved trying both these products.  The Aramanth Face Oil absorbs quickly and leaves the skin nourished and glowy while the Aramanth Night Serum regenerates and rejuvenates the skin while you sleep (they both smell glorious too).

Check out Marina Miracle at A Beautiful WorldHERE.

Kinvara True Skincare:
Best Cleansing Oil (f), Editor's Choice - Eye Wow Eye Serum and Hyaluronic Youth Boost


I'd been aware of this Irish brand but hadn't tried anything before being a Judge. I loved the pretty packaging and the formulations inside are pretty special. 

My favourites are the Absolute Cleansing Oil which gently but deeply removes make up and daily grime (citrussy scent) leaving the skin feeling clean and nourished. Eye Wow Eye Serum is another favourite. It comes in a cooling rollerball and helps to minimise fine lines, dark circles and puffiness (it really does work) and has a nice fig/green scent. The third product to wow me is their Hyaluronic Youth Boost which acts as a natural filler - I've been using this around my lips to plump and nourish.

Check out Kinvara True SkincareHERE.

Beauty Kitchen:
Best Multi-Tasking Balm - Free From Wonderbalm, Editor's Choice - Raw Inventions Kit and Skincare Treasures

I absolutely adored the Free From Wonder Balm which I used when I had the flu recently. It soothed and calmed my nose (in between sneezing fits). It's also good for lips and other dry patches.  Would buy again for sure. I also adored their very clever Raw Inventions Kit which has everything you need to make your own skincare including ingredients and pots, bottles and labels - it's fab!

Check out Beauty Kitchen - HERE.

Tropic Skincare:
Best Skincare Product for Acne - Clear Skin Blemish Fighting Mask & Best Face Mask - Breakouts, Editor's Choice - Supergreens Nutrient Boost Serum and Sun Drops Gradual Tanning Facial Serum


I'm a huge fan of lovely Tropic Skincare and have had the pleasure of trying these products previously - see my reviews - Super Greens Nutrient Boost SerumClear Skin Blemish Fighting Mask and Sun Drops Gradual Tanning Facial Serum.

Check out Tropic Skincare - HERE.

Ere Perez:
Best Concealer - Arnica Concealer, Editor's Choice - Australian Blue Cypress Face Nectar


I just loved both of these Ere Perez products. The face nectar is lightweight and absorbs instantly. It nourishes, hydrates, plumps, can help with sun damage and tired and stressed skin. The nectar is scented with Jasmine Sambac and Sandalwood (and is gorgeous). The blue cypress helps to make the skin dewy. A stunning product. The Arnica Concealer is easy to blend, has a nice texture and hides dark circles and imperfections very well. I'll buy a darker shade coming into summer.

Check out Ere Perez - HERE.

ISUN:
Best Natural/Organic Skincare Brand - USA
Best Daily Serum 40+ - Phyto Infusion Facial Serum, Best Lip Balm - (f) - Golden Lip Balm, Editor's Choice - Peptide Eye Cream


This is a new to me brand and I enjoyed all the products I tried. The skincare products have quite a neutral scent but work very well and are stuffed full of potent powerhouse ingredients which revitalise, regenerate and make the skin glow. The lip balm has a buttery texture and an orange scent. I definitely want to try more from this brand.

Check out ISUN - HERE.

SAFEAS Organic Beauty:
Editor's Choice - Ghassoul Cleansing Mask 


This lavender scented mask was lovely to use. It deeply cleaned the pores, helping to rid the skin of blackheads and other impurities as well as controlling sebum. Really enjoyed using this mask (from a new to me brand).

Check out Safeas Organic BeautyHERE.

See all the winners of the 2018 Beauty Shortlist Awards HERE and check out the dates for the forthcoming Mama & Baby Awards 2018 and the 2019 Beauty Shortlist Awards HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. Love getting to see all the fantastic products you got to try, well done to you and amazing <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicola! It was a brilliant experience x

      Delete
  2. Well done you! I can only imagine how lovely it has been playing with all those wonderful goodies, I'd be like a kid in a candy store for sure xo Going to check out all those reviews now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt like all my Christmasses had come at once that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely bunch of goodies you got! Want to check out some of these! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really great to try them all x

      Delete